Pisanka (or plural: pisanki) is a name for eggs decorated especially for Easter. There are many various techniques for decorating Easter eggs.
Today, I’m introducing one of the traditional ways, boiling eggs in a decoction of plants or other natural products. In this case: onion peels.
Let’s get started! ^^
WHAT WE NEED?
inner tube from a bicycle wheel (or elastic bands)
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Cut the inner tube in strips. We will use the strips to make decorations on eggs. You can cut some patterns in the strips.
2. Place the strips over the eggs. This way the space under the strips remain white (after coloring).
3. Boil eggs with onion peels in a big pot. Add enough water to cover the eggs.
4. Cook for about about 10 minutes, then remove from the pot.
5. Remove the strips from eggs. And we’ve got awesome patterns! ^^
In my family we also decorate eggs using crayons, pastels or paint. I used to love doing that when I was a kid! My family’s tradition is to decorate eggs on Saturday morning (before Easter Sunday), right before going to church with the Easter basket.
Our workshop this year:
yes, I even made an FC Barcelona Easter egg, especially for my brother.
And a Korean egg, for tensai 🙂
And my Easter basket this year ^^
Happy Easter, everyone!