Happy Easter, everyone! ^^
it’s the first time I’m posting a recipe for a cake. I’m kinda nervous ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Babka is the traditional Polish cake for Easter. This one is my sister’s special recipe!
It’s perfect for people who don’t like very sweet cakes. It’s simple and tasty. And also, very easy to make ^^
Tensai, that’s perfect for you. No cinnamon added, not really sweet – you should try to bake babka! 頑張って！
ps: funny thing about babka. The word ‘babka’ means ‘grandmother’ in Polish.
2,5 glasses flour
1 glass sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Place margarine in a large bowl or stand mixer and beat it until smooth and creamy.
2. Add sugar to the margarine and mix it again.
3. Add eggs to the mixture (one by one) and mix until well-combined.
4. Now, when it’s smooth and well-combined add the flour mixed with baking powder. Amount of baking powder:
Mix the flour with the rest of the ingredients until creamy. Add the flour using spoon, not all at once.
That’s how it looks when it’s done:
5. Now, prepare babka tin. First, using a brush cover the babka tin with melted butter.
Add some breadcrumbs:
Shaking the pan, try to cover the whole tin surface with breadcrumbs (yes, it’s gonna be a mess). When it’s covered completely, it will prevent sticking the babka dough to the tin and it will be easier to take it out of the tin after baking.
6. Using a spoon, pour half of the batter into prepared tin.
7. Now, let’s make the chocolate flavour batter. How? Just add some cocoa to the second half of batter. Don’t add too much!
8. Mix it for a while. The colour of the batter should be more or less like that:
9. Now, add it to the pan with the first part of batter.
Smooth the surface of babka before baking.
10. Bake the babka in 180 degrees for about 40 minutes. If you are not sure if it’s baked, you can check it with a wooden stick. Just stick it in the babka – if it comes out clean, it’s baked. After 40 minutes it should be ready, though.
11. Now, after it’s cooled down a little bit, remove the cake from the tin. In order to decorate it, cut off the top of babka. Place it on a plate (upside down) and sprinkle it with powdered sugar. Done!