As promised, I’m posting a recipe for a home made pasta (makaraon). You can eat it together with rosol, perfect match! ^^ Prepare yourself for some hard work, kneading a pasta dough ain’t easy ;)
1/2kg good quality wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Sieve the flour onto the pastry board. Make a hole in it and add the eggs
2. Knead the dough adding 1/2 tsp salt. If you feel that it is really difficult to join all the ingredients together you can add a little bit of water, but not too much. The dough should be quite dry but smooth. When done, set aside for about half an hour to let it ‘rest’ covered with a cloth.
3. Divide the dough into smaller pieces and roll them out on the pastry board sprinkled with flour. It should be 2-3mm thick. Each piece of rolled dough should be sprinkled with flour and set aside to let it dry. You can stack them on top of each other but no more than 3 high.
4. Cut it into strips – the wider the strips, the longer the pasta will be (keep in mind it is really difficult to cut the dough into thin strips, so it is probably easier for you to make the strips narrower). You can stack your strips up to 3 high and cut them altogether.
5. Once cut, spread them on a wooden board or, if you don’t have one, on a pillowcase, generously sprinkling with flour. Don’t use a plastic board as they will stick to it, even if you use flour. You should leave it for about 30-40 minutes to let it dry. Pasta should be quite dry before cooking, it should snap when you break it in your hand.
6. If you want to cook it, boil some water in a saucepan adding a little bit of salt. Add the pasta when the water is boiling, the water may overflow so you need to keep stirring it. This will also prevent the pasta from sticking to the saucepan. Boil for about 7-8 minutes, stirring continuously. When cooked, drain pasta using a colander. Rinse under cold water then shake the pasta to remove the remaining water. Taste best with rosół, Polish chicken soup.
[…] with egg noodles (pasta), cooked earlier. You can buy them or make yourself, try the recipe for homemade pasta (makaron), just the way my mum makes […]
Najlepiej smakuje z polskim rosołem.
Dzisiaj wlasnie gotowalam rosolek!