Been thinking about making them since last Christmas, when I simply ran out of time (and energy), in fervour of baking everything else. I’m glad I’ve finally tried making them, they were an absolute hit! I took some to work, and people really liked them. Well, if you offer chocolate-flavoured cookie to your friends or work colleagues, chances are that they will like them. And you as a bonus, even if only for a day. Happy baking!
PRETTY CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Melt the butter and chocolate together. I don’t recommend melting it in a pot because chocolate tends to stick to the bottom and butter melts quickly and then burns. I used a bowl sitting above a pot with boiling water. The hot steam melted the chocolate and butter, without any problems.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs with your electric mixer, until light and fluffy. Add sugar and mix for another few minutes. Add the chocolate and butter mixture and mix well.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt, mix until incorporated.
4. Place the dough for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Now the mixture is way too runny to be able to form small balls out of it, but after 2 hours in the fridge it will harden enough to make our lives easier ^^
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
6. Time for rolling. Take a small piece of dough (probably about a teaspoon) and roll it into a nice, round shape. If it starts sticking to your hands, you can use some icing sugar to make them dry.
7. Dip each of the balls into icing sugar, moving about so they are all well covered.
8. Place the dough balls on the baking tray, greased and lined with baking parchment.
9. Bake for 11 minutes – not longer! If you bake them for too long, they will be way to hard to eat. Nobody will be able to bite into them. 11 minutes, take them out to chill slightly and indulge. You won’t stop your feast until you’ll eat half of them, I bet. They are delightful!