Great idea for a fresh and healthy lunch, when you don’t have much time to spare on cooking. It took me 15 minutes to make, plus cooking time for rice. And tasted exactly how I imagined: heavenly! Treat yourself to something good ^^
2 big chicken breasts
1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika powder
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
freshly ground pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 tin of sweetcorn
200g cooked rice
1 tin of plum tomatoes or 4 ripe tomatoes
2 spring onions
4 large flour tortillas
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts. Place them on the wooden board, cover with baking parchment and flatten them a little with a kitchen hammer. Sprinkle with sweet paprika powder, cumin, salt and freshly ground pepper and some olive oil, set aside for a little bit.
2. Preheat a frying pan with a drop of olive oil. When hot, add the chicken to the pan and fry until cooked and golden. Turn the chicken halfway through cooking. When ready, set aside to cool slightly.
3. When the chicken is cooking, chop the garlic and parsley. Set aside. Heat a little bit of olive oil in the large frying pan, throw garlic and parsley in and fry for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Drain the corn and add it to the pan, fry for few minutes, then throw the rice in. Cook everything together until hot and well mixed. Add the lime zest (grated from a lime, save the fruit though) and some more parsley leaves if required. Mix well, take off the heat and set aside.
5. Prepare your tomato salsa. If you are using a tin of tomatoes, make sure to drain them from excess juice on a sieve. Then cut the tomatoes into small cubes and add to a big bowl. Chop the spring onions and mix with tomatoes. Squeeze a juice from one lime and mix into the tomatoes and onions. Add a little bit of fresh, chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Peel and cut the avocado into the small cubes. Cut or grate the cheddar cheese. Cut or shred the chicken. Set aside.
7. Heat up the tortillas. You can use a pan or a microwave. Make sure the tortillas are warm, otherwise they will break while rolling a burrito.
8. Time to roll! Prepare one of the tortillas and spread 1/4 of rice in the middle. Add some chicken, tomato salsa, avocado and cheese. Wrap up the burrito, starting from the sides, then rolling it together. wrap it in the aluminium foil to keep everything together. If you plan to eat it later just pop your burrito into the oven (without removing the foil), and heat up until warm. You can also serve as you go, freshly wrapped.