I went to Poland for a weekend recently. Had so much amazing food! The plum cake as well, made by my auntie on my last day in Poland. Such a nice treat, kiss-goodbye cake ^^
I have documented and collected quite a few recipes while in Poland, more coming soon!
50g fresh yeast
2 tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Mix yeast with sugar, flour and lukewarm milk and put aside in a warm place. Wait for the mixture to ‘grow’: should double the size. That will let you know, that the yeast is doing its job.
2. Add your flour into a big mixing bowl. Melt the butter. While still warm, mix it with flour in the bowl. Add the yeast mixture and pinch of salt. You can add more sugar if you like your dough sweeter.
3. Knead a dough in the bowl. It’s not gonna be easy, it will be wet and runny. Cover your hands in flour to make the job easier, but don’t add too much flour because the dough will be too hard. If the dough is too hard though, add some milk to make it easier to knead. When the dough is not sticking to your hands anymore, that means it’s done. Put aside to let it ‘grow’ a bit more.
4. After about 15-20 minutes, knead a dough one more time, quickly. Move it now to a previously greased baking tin, spreading evenly.
5. Time for the plums. You should wash them, remove the stones and half them. Decorate your cake with the plums, sprinkle them with sugar (plums tend to be quite sour) and now time for baking.
6. Bake the cake, in the preheated to 180 degrees oven, for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Tastes best with a glass of milk. Smacznego!