I never used to make them since peanut butter is not very popular treat in Poland. but I have to admit, even though I’m not a big fan of the peanut butter myself, they are lovely. I made them very small, one-bite sized, they looked so cute, golden brown and sprinkled with icing sugar.
Easy and quick to make, good idea when you have someone coming round for a cup of tea and want to impress them without working too hard ^^
250ml crunchy (or creamy) peanut butter
250g brown sugar
200g white sugar (you can add less if you don’t want the cookies to be very sweet)
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Cream butter with sugars together. When creamy and fluffy, add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
3. Add eggs, one at the time and mix very well.
4. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda together and stir into the butter&eggs mixture.
5. If the mixture is not firm enough, add some more flour. You can knead it with hands on the wooden pastry board if you prefer doing it that way.
6. Roll into balls. You decide on the size of the cookies, my ones were very small, walnut-size balls. Place the rolled balls on the ungreased baking sheet and flatten them with a fork.
7. Bake for about 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Don’t over-bake them if you don’t want your cookies to be stone hard. Place on the cooling rack once cooked and let them cool before sprinkling them with icing sugar.
Done! You can now enjoy your little treat ^^ Perfect cookies for the peanut butter lovers!