No better way to start a week than a sweet and sinful breakfast. Everybody hates Mondays, right? And those who don’t, nobody needs an excuse for something yummy, really. We all deserve a sweet treat from time to time. Recipe for these scrumptious pancakes with maple syrup and bilberries below. Get creative with the toppings: Żubrek likes his with pecans, or with bacon. When bilberries are not in season, I like mine with whatever other fruit is. What’s your favourite?
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup milk
2 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
bilberries or other seasonal fruit
nuts (pecans, walnuts, anything you like)
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Sieve the flour into the mixing bowl. Add the milk, egg,salt and sugar and whisk it until smooth.
2. Have a frying pan heated to a high temperature. Add some butter to the frying pan (just a little bit) and pour one full ladle into the frying pan.
3. Wait until bubbles start forming on top of the pancake and then flip it. Here, Żubrek showing off his skills:
4. Leave for about 1 minute and it’s done!
5. Serve warm with maple syrup and any other toppings you like.
[…] long ago, the lack of maple syrup in my kitchen cupboard would prevent me from making pancakes for breakfast. I didn’t see a point of enjoying one without the other – until I did. […]
[…] how I’ve been using it – in the same same way in which I’d use honey: with tea, pancakes, on bread with […]
[…] I love them in cookies, cakes and preserves, as a topping for my breakfast pancakes, with seedy granola and yoghurt, with meats, with salads, and as a base for pesto and […]