great idea if you have friends/family over for dinner. Just pop the roast into the oven and let the heat do the magic ;) Very simple but quite impressive looking roast, I’m sure your guests will appreciate it.
ROSEMARY ROASTED VEGETABLES
3 big potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
2-3 garlic cloves
sea salt flakes
freshly ground pepper
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Preheat the oven, 190 degrees.
2. Prepare the seasoning. In a mug or a small bowl mix together: olive oil, salt (about 1 teaspoon), freshly ground pepper (about 1 teaspoon), freshly chopped rosemary and thyme. Set aside.
3. Peel the vegetables and cut them into a bite-size cubes. Place them all in the big bowl.
4. Pour the olive oil mixture over the vegetables and mix well together, so all the cubes are coated in olive oil and herbs.
5. Move vegetables into the baking tray and place them into the preheated oven.
6. The baking time might vary depending on the type of the oven or even type of vegetables. Usually it takes 45-55 minutes. You can increase the temperature if you see that your oven can’t handle the roast (what happened to me, since my oven is very old, I needed to roast the veg in about 200 degrees for at least half a time, then I decreased the temperature to 180).
7. If you’re not sure if the roast is done, try one piece of the potato or carrot, if they’re soft, everything should be. Avoid stirring the roast, sweet potatoes are quite soft and will be done first, if you start mixing it about, they will simply mash.
8. Serve as a side dish for a dinner, with meat or fish. Taste best with pork or beef.