If you’re a student and have no money. And, in addition, you’re so hungover that you’re not able to leave your bed for a whole day – we have a solution!
Tensai came back from work around midnight and found me still in bed, dying of hunger. But since he brought chuhai and vodka (and 5 mandoo, that what was left from New Year’s cooking), we started out with a little drinking.
3am, we’re starving; hunger is unbearable. Convenient store? way too far, way too expensive. What’s in the fridge?
and that is how we came to make yaki udon. It’s an easy to make, delicious, cheap dish. Perfect, isn’t it?
1. Check what you have in your fridge.
2. What you need for sure is:
egg (not necessary but nice if you have)
yaki soba sauce (焼きそばソース）
pork (we didn’t have so we used sausage, ham would do, also)
salt, black pepper
3. Cut the onion and sausage, thick slices. Fry them using a little bit of cooking oil.
4. If you have eggs, fry it also. That’s how we did it:
5. Take the egg out from the frying pan. Add the udon noodles. Fry them with onion and sausage for a while. Add yaki soba sauce and fry a little bit longer.
6. When it’s ready put the egg on the top of the dish.