I know I did post a recipe for carrot cake a while ago, claiming it was finally the end of my search for the perfect, rich and moist cake. nothing more wrong. the other recipe is, sure, tasty, with its generous cinnamon addition it somehow brings the atmosphere of Christmas. but this recipe is the answer to everything i have ever expected from a carrot cake. moist, soft, fragrant and fluffy, perfectly balanced with the sweetness of cream cheese frosting.
i found the recipe on my (probably) favourite website, when it comes to baking Kwestia Smaku. one can always rely on their recipes for cakes!
WHEN CARROT CAKE REACHES PERFECTION
for the cake
300g finely grated carrots
100g pineapple (fresh or from a tin), drained and finely chopped
40g walnuts, finely chopped
30g almond flakes, finely chopped
80g desiccated coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
1tsp mixed spice
1 and 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
200g brown sugar
225ml vegetable oil
for the frosting
60g butter, room temperature
230g cream cheese, room temperature
220g icing sugar, sifted
1tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
for assembling and decoration
100ml of good quality rum
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Grease a round (approx. 24-25cm) cake tin with butter. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Add grated carrot, chopped pineapple, walnuts, almonds and desiccated coconut to a bowl. Leave as it is, without mixing the ingredients. Set aside.
2. Sieve the flour into the second bowl, mix in spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and pinch of salt, mixed until combined.
3. Add eggs to a third bowl and beat them with your electric mixer, until doubled in size. Start gradually adding sugar, and continue mixing until the mixture will be smooth and fluffy. Still mixing, start adding oil, pouring it delicately and slowly into the mixture.
4. Add everything from the bowl with carrots to the mixture plus 1tsp of vanilla extract. Mix delicately with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
5. Add everything from the bowl with flour into the mixture and stir delicately with a wooden spoon, just until combined.
6. Pour the ready mixture into the previously prepared cake tin and put it in the oven. Bake for about 70-80 minutes (or until the wooden stick comes out clean). Take out of the oven and let it cool down completely.
7. Time to make the frosting. In a bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy. Add cream cheese and mix until combined. Gradually, start adding sifted icing sugar and keep mixing, on low speed. Add the vanilla extract and lemon zest, mix until combined.
8. Place the frosting in the fridge, while waiting for the cake to cool down.
9. When carrot cake is completely cooled, cut it into three. Place the bottom layer on the plater or plate, sprinkle with a bit of rum and spread some cream cheese frosting (bearing in mind, we need to divide it into 3 equal parts). Cover with the next layer of cake, add rum and cream cheese frosting. Press lightly. Add last layer of carrot cake and decorate the top and sides with remaining cream cheese frosting. Decorate with crushed walnuts. Refrigerate the cake for at least 3 hours (preferably all night), until the frosting sets properly.
Wersja polska przepisu: BLISKIE PERFEKCJI CIASTO MARCHEWKOWE