I wasn’t very keen on trying this dessert at first. I spend a good week in Thailand before I’ve decided it’s time for me to give it a go. And I loved it! Shame that was my last day in Thailand so I couldn’t try it again. Now it’s time to make it at home. Hope you’ll like the recipe, too ^^
- 1 cup hot, cooked sticky rice
- 2 tbsp white or palm sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe mango (you can also use papaya or lychee)
- 1/2 tbsp deep fried mung bean seeds (for topping)
- 1/4 cup pandannas leaves cut into 3cm pieces
HOW TO MAKE IT?
- Heat the coconut milk with cut pandannas leaves in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir constantly, letting the coconut milk simmer.
- Add sugar and salt to the milk, keep stirring all the time. Remove from the heat when sugar is melted.
- Pour hot coconut milk over the hot sticky rice, mix well together.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes. The sticky rice will absorb all the coconut milk. Rice should be slightly mushy.
- Serve warm on a plate with half a mango, cut in cubes.
- As toppings, you can use fried mung bean seeds and coconut cream.