it’s been a while, i know. being back in poland it’s not an easy thing to do ^^
this time, ohitashi (おひたし). ohitashi means boiled green-leaf vegetables, served usually as a side dish in Japanese cuisine.
that’s the 3rd recipe from the ‘cooking with Keiko-san’ collection.
easy and delicious. enjoy!
1 package of mizuna (also called Japanese mustard)
a little bit of salt
katsuobushi (dried, fermented and smoked tuna)
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Wash mizuna. You can also use spinach or other leafy greens.
2. Boil water with a little bit of salt in the middle of the pot. While it’s boiling, prepare some cold water in a big bowl.
3. Once the water is boiling, put in mizuna. Keep it in the hot water for about two minutes.
4. Now, take it out to the bowl with cold water you prepared earlier and pour some cold water on it.
5. And now – squeeze it!
6. When it’s squeezed, put it aside for a while to cool it down. And, after some time, cut it.
7. Squeeze it one more time. Now, it’s done! Serve it with katsuobushi and soy sauce (on the side).