Until last month, when my friend Ewa served me these super tasty oats for breakfast, it has never crossed my mind to add chocolate to my porridge. And believe me, the velvety dark chocolate is a game changer when it comes to breakfast oats. Not to mention the pears. And a sprinkle of cinnamon, perhaps?
Nonetheless, it’s healthy, it’s nutritious and it is another idea to #freeyourcupboard this spring. Healthy can be delicious!
Porridge with Dark Chocolate and Pears
handful of porridge oats
enough milk to cover the oats
4 pieces of dark chocolate
half a pear
cinnamon to sprinkle
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Add oats and milk into a saucepan and start cooking, stirring often. Add honey and stir in.
2. When it starts to thicken, add chocolate and stir until it melts.
3. Turn off the heat and cover the saucepan with a lid.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop the pear into small pieces.
5. Stir the pieces of pear into the porridge.
6. Serve hot with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
[…] via 145 Porridge with Dark Chocolate and Pears — aho’s homemade food […]