My sister asked me to post a recipe for something easy and quick to make. There you go, Sis. It took me less than 30minutes to make that pasta. I hope you will try to recreate it at home for the girls ^^
CHICKEN AND TOMATO PASTA
500g chicken breast
2 tins plum tomatoes
freshly ground pepper
2 garlic cloves
pickled jalapeños (optional)
dried pasta, eg. penne
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Wash the chicken breasts and cut them into small cubes. Place them in a medium bowl. Chop or press the garlic, add it to the bowl with chicken. Sprinkle everything with some fresh thyme, a bit of rosemary, freshly ground pepper and olive oil. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Cut the vegetables. Chop the onion, garlic and the tomatoes. Chop the rosemary (if you happen to have fresh one) and thyme. Chop few little pieces of pickled jalapeños (if you want your pasta slightly spicy).
3. Heat the frying pan with tiny bit of olive oil. When hot, throw the chicken in and cook it, constantly stirring, until done.
4. While the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta. Add cold water into the medium saucepan and bring it to a boil. When starts boiling, add some salt and drop of olive oil. Add pasta and cook al dente, don’t overcook it.
5. When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan. Add the onion with a bit of olive oil to the pan (same pan as you used for the chicken). Move about for a minute or two and add the garlic and jalapeños. When the onion is cooked (but not brown!), add the chicken. Sprinkle everything with a bit of pepper. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and the remaining sauce from the tins. Cook everything for about 5 minutes, letting it simmer.
6. Now, season to your taste. I added some thyme, rosemary, some paprika powder, salt and pepper. But it’s up to you, depends what herbs you like.
7. Serve over freshly cooked pasta. For even more flavour, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Polska wersja przepisu, specjalnie dla polskich czytelników ^^
Makaron z kurczakiem i pomidorami
My sons will definitely like this!
My sister’s daughters loved it! ;))