another dish from the ‘cooking with Keiko-san’ collection. and it’s not the last one yet! ^^
Olivia, I know you’ve been waiting for that for ages, ごめんね so, especially for you: recipe for tonjiru you love so much!
10 cm daikon (white radish)
small piece of ginger
2 spring onions
1 piece abura-age, 油揚げ (deep fried tofu)
1 package katsuo dashi (Japanese soup stock)
miso paste (we used awase miso)
HOW TO MAKE?
1. Cut the carrot (in the way shown on the picture) and white radish. Pieces of daikon and carrot should be more or less the same size.
2. Peel and chop the ginger. Cut fried tofu and spring onion into rather big pieces.
3. Boil the water in a pot. Put dashi in hot water, add all the ingredients (except the spring onions, we add them a little bit later). When everything is soft – add miso paste.
4. How to add miso paste? Put about 1 ladle of miso paste in a cup, then take some hot water out from the pot of soup and mix it with miso paste in the cup. Add the mixture to the soup and stir.
5. After adding the miso paste, it shouldn’t boil again! You can also add shichimi togarashi, Japanese spice.
Looks delicious, thanks for sharing!
Mmmm! I don’t think I’ve ever tried making Japanese food! Looks yummy and exciting :-D
良かった～！ Finally you put it up! :D Can’t wait to try this myself…don’t have much faith but I’ll give it a go! ;D ありがとう chicka! x
Tonjiru, one of our favourite winter foods! Good idea to use fried tofu instead of fresh tofu. I will try to convince my boyfriend. ^^
jadłam to dziś, pycha, dokładkę chciałam